Belize Customs Regulations

Travelers entering Belize from the United States are only required to have a U.S. Passport and no visa is required for the first 30 days. Travelers must also have an onward or return air ticket and be able to show they have proof of being able to self-sustain while in Belize. After 30 days, the visitor needs to obtain a visa for up to six months for a cost of $25.00 U.S. After that six month period, visa extensions can be obtained for $50 per month. When leaving Belize, all tourists are required to pay a $35.00 exit fee.

Passengers coming into Belize with more than $10,000.00 BZ in currency or equivalent must declare this on the customs form you will receive on the aircraft before arrival. You must also declare any arms or ammunition you are bringing in if for some reason this applies.

If you are importing goods into Belize, you will need an import permit, commercial invoice, bill of lading/air waybill, and a packing list. Other items required if applicable will be health and sanitary certificates, fumigation certificate, and certificate of origin. When shipping these goods to Belize, you must be present for the customs clearance. Household goods and personal effects that have been in use for at least one year can be imported duty free. Any of these items must arrive within the six-month period following the owner's arrival into Belize.

Travelers into Belize from non-European Union countries can bring certain items duty-free with limitations. These travelers can bring in 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 250g of tobacco, and 50 cigars. They may also bring in 1 liter of spirits with alcohol content over 22%, 2 liters of dessert wine with alcohol content no more than 22%, 2 liters of wine, 250ml eau de toilette, and 60cc of perfume. They may also bring souvenirs from other places with certain monetary limitations. Items that are restricted from entry into Belize are meat and its products, processed food items, and live animals.

The Belize customs regulations are for the most part like those of other countries. Comply with them and you should have no problems.